Science lab challenges and Miss R causes excitement

Friday, September 21, 2012

Obiri of James was a brilliant guy in the science labs and was patient enough to help me out in the early days when I made a great effort to try and be like Einstein. The truth is that those science labs caused terror in most boys and only a few were comfortable in that environment of test tubes and chemicals with strange names. Probably the only skill I developed there was the ability to look like I was understanding what was being said. I got so good at nodding my head occasionally and looking intelligent so much so that I fooled many teachers.

Despite Obiri’s best efforts by second form it was clear that I was fighting a losing battle with the sciences. My dad whom I later discovered had had similar challenges in his school days was not amused at my science grades. In retrospect these subjects unlike the arts required a great deal of consistency and if you fell asleep in a class or two you were lost forever. With all that was going on in first form and with my life-long habit of leaving things to the last minute I was doomed right from the beginning. Fortunately I was okay in mathematics which with the art subjects ensured that I was consistently way above average in class.

But there were a few times in first form when there was excitement in the labs. A drop-dead gorgeous biology teacher called Miss Rarienda turned up towards the end of first form. She just caused the boys to go bonkers. I remember some of the bolder guys fondling her breasts in class (I kid you not). She had a figure to die for and was every school boys’ wettest dream. Personally I wasn’t brave enough to fondle her but I admit she also had an effect on me. She lived somewhere close to Block 5 and Mumia house and there would be numerous cars parked outside her house on weekends which jealously angered many of us. My most memorable Biology class with Miss Rarienda was one that touched on the reproduction system. I have never seen guys ask so many questions. Some were just outrageous like; excuse me madam, could you please explain more about how the male XXXX is inserted into the female XXXXX? I don’t understand. LOL!!!

0 comments: